PETERIFIC SLOTS TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANTS’ CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: Celebrity Slots, LLC, 2400 N. Lincoln Ave. Altadena, CA 91001. (“Sponsor”)
- Eligibility: Each Tournament is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States (excluding WA and where prohibited by law), who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry where legally permitted, unless the specific Tournament you wish to enter provides that such Tournament is only valid in certain jurisdictions, in which case only residents of such jurisdictions at the time of entry may participate in that Tournament. Employees of Tournament Entities (as defined below), as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win the Tournament. As referenced herein, the “Peterific Slots Parties” include Sponsor, and its related companies, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, any prize providers, and any agencies or other companies involved in the development or execution of the Tournament or production or distribution of Tournament materials. The Tournament is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Each entrant is responsible for checking the applicable laws in entrant’s jurisdiction before participating in the Tournament to make sure that entrant’s participation is legal and to ensure that entrant complies with all relevant laws. An entrant may be required to provide proof of eligibility by way of valid identification (e.g., driver’s license, passport, state identification card, or military identification card). Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Tournament Period: Each tournament will begin and end during the period specified in the Tournament Info pages of the applicable Tournament (“Tournament Period”). Sponsor’s clock is the official time-keeping device for the Tournament.
- How to Enter: During the Tournament Period, you can enter the applicable Tournament from the Peterific Slots application by tapping or clicking on the relevant Tournament game icon from the application lobby. If the prizes for a Tournament only consist of virtual currency or other virtual goods (“virtual prize”) for use in connection with the Peterific Slots game/application (“App”), the entrant will be automatically entered into such Tournament (“Virtual Prize Tournament”) upon clicking or tapping the relevant Tournament game icon. If the prizes for a Tournament include real world prizes (or a combination of real world prizes and virtual prizes), you will be required to follow additional instructions to enter and play in such Tournament (“Real World Prize Tournament”). Entrants to Real World Prize Tournaments will be required to provide their email address in order to enter. Entrants to all Tournaments will be first ranked upon their initial spin in the applicable Tournament, and the entrants account name may be displayed on the Tournament leader board. The App is free to download, although your carrier’s data rates may apply to your download and use of the App. You must enter the Tournament during the applicable Tournament Period to be eligible to win a prize for that Tournament. Entrants to Real World Prize Tournaments will be provided with free credits to enable participation in the Tournament. Participation in Virtual Prize Tournaments requires use of the entrant’s existing virtual currency balance.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants at its sole discretion. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her email address during the Tournament period. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or any Peterific Slots Parties for lost, late, mutilated, illegible, incomplete, misdirected or not received email or entries. No other forms of submitting an entry are valid.
Alternative Method of Entry Into Virtual Prize Tournaments. If an entrant does not have a sufficient virtual currency balance to enter into a Virtual Prize Tournament, they can collect additional virtual currency through normal gameplay for free via “Daily Log-In Bonus” and “Speed Bonus”.
- Winner Selection: The selection of winners varies and depends on the applicable Tournament you wish to enter. The Tournament Info pages of each Tournament will describe how you can win such Tournament. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received for each Tournament and the outcome of the game. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Tournament and the selection of the potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Tournament. Sponsor will determine the potential Tournament winners from all eligible entries received during the applicable Tournament Period, and Sponsor’s decisions shall be final.
- Winner Notification: Each potential winner will be notified within the App for which the Tournament was offered. Potential winners of a Real World Prize Tournament will be required to follow the instructions provided in the in-App notification and provide his or her email address, and a follow up email will be sent with further instructions about how the potential winner can claim the prize. If a potential winner is required by any applicable law to comply with certain conditions or requirements in order to be eligible to receive the prize, the potential winner will be required to fully comply with such requirements.
- Prizes: The prizes vary and depends on the applicable Tournament you wish to enter. Each Tournament clearly describes the list of prize(s) you can win in such Tournament. All Virtual Prizes shall not have any monetary value. If any specific prize shall have a real retail value, such value will be specified in the applicable Tournament you wish to enter. If applicable (i.e., real world prizes) the value of a prize is taxable in the United States as ordinary income to the winner who is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes levied, including, but not limited to federal, state and local income and/or gift taxes. The potential winner will also be required to complete and return the Required Documents as set forth in Section 8 below in order to become a winner (“Winner”). Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor. If Winner does not claim the prize within the applicable time period and return the Required Documents as described in Section 8 below, the prize may be forfeited and Sponsor may in its discretion select another potential Winner who will be subject to the same requirements in order to be deemed the Winner. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or a component thereof) for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All unspecified meals, gratuities, and any other unspecified costs and expenses associated with the acceptance or use of a prize are the sole responsibility of winner.
Real World Trip Prizes: If a Real World Prize Tournament includes a trip prize, the actual retail value may vary based on the residence of the Winner. The winner will not receive the difference between approximate and actual retail value. Sponsor will deliver to such Winner IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual cash value of the prize awarded within the time prescribed by law. In the event it is deemed during the verification process that the potential winner does not have a unique, personal and valid social security number, a potential winner is not available to redeem the prize on the dates when the trip is planned to occur, or the potential winner has otherwise failed to fulfill any conditions or requirements under these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Any allotted guests (if any) of the Winner must be 18 years or older. Winner and any guests will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification relating to acceptance and use of the prize, including, without limitation, any required travel documents and travel insurance. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary (in Sponsor’s sole discretion). Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets. Exact flight details (if applicable), dates, times, itinerary and terms to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will determine airline (if applicable) in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. If a Winner lives within 150 miles of prize trip destination, ground transportation may be arranged in Sponsors sole discretion (in lieu of air travel). Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Tournament, and those set forth by any airline and hotel provider. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in a prize description are the sole responsibility of Winner. No additional compensation will be awarded in the event Winner travels without an allotted number of guests (if any). Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. In the event that a prize component is not available during the time of the trip for whatever reason (e.g., weather conditions), the remaining elements of prize or prize components shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to Winner and no additional compensation will be awarded in lieu thereof.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct background checks on potential winners and, for residents outside of the U.S, to ensure that they are able to cross the U.S. border if selected. Potential winners must provide authorization and/or complete any forms reasonably required to facilitate such background check. Failure to comply with such search may result in disqualification of a potential winner and may result in selection of an alternate potential winner (time permitting). Sponsor also reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify a potential winner based on the results of such background check, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion that awarding this opportunity to such potential winner might reflect negatively on the Sponsor and/or the Peterific Slots Parties. Factors that may result in disqualification of a potential winner include, without limitation, conviction of a felony or misdemeanor, or any other criminal or civil offense as determined in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor or, if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that awarding a prize to such individual may reflect unfavorably on the Sponsor and/or the Peterific Slots Parties.
- Winner Requirements: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to (i) provide a copy of government issued identification, (ii) complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release, and/or (iii) complete, sign, and return an IRS Form W9 (collectively, the “Required Documents”). A potential winner must deliver the Required Documents to Sponsor in the manner and within the time period instructed by Sponsor. If the potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to execute and return the Required Documents as instructed by Sponsor, fails to comply with these Official Rules, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, then such potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the prize to an alternate potential winner in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner will indemnify Sponsor and all other Peterific Slots Parties and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms. Winner agrees that nothing in these Official Rules grants Winner a right or license to use Sponsor’s name or any Sponsor trademark or service mark.
- Publicity: Participation in the Tournament, and/or acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use such Winner’s name, city and state of residence, likeness, statements, and/or prize information, for any lawful purpose, worldwide, in any media now known or hereafter developed, including the Internet, in perpetuity, without limitation and without further payment or consideration, except where prohibited by law. The Winner may also be required to participate in public relations activities as requested by Sponsor.
- Release: By entering a Tournament and/or receiving any prize, each entrant and the applicable Winner agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Peterific Slots Parties and each of their respective officers, directors, producers, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Tournament or any Tournament-related activity or receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Sponsor is not responsible if Tournament cannot take place or if any prizes cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other cause outside Sponsor’s reasonable control. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Tournament in any way, shall be disqualified.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Tournament, or any part of it, if any virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Tournament, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the judging process, or the operation of the Tournament or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Tournament or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Tournament may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Peterific Slots Parties resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Tournament or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Tournament. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Tournament; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) lost or unavailable network connections, website, Internet or ISP availability, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Tournament, including any injury or damage to entrants’ or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Tournament or downloading any materials in this Tournament; (4) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Tournament; (5) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Tournament or the processing of entries; (6) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Tournament or receipt, possession or use or misuse of any prize.
- No Warranties: To the fullest extent permitted by law, this Tournament, and all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement.
- No Class Action; Disputes; Governing Law: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Tournament or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the applicable Tournament (if any), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Tournament, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
- Winner List: For a winner’s list, please send an email to email@example.com within 30 days of the end of the applicable Tournament, with the subject line “Winner’s List Request”, and include the name of the Tournament in your email.